Calypso RicePair with either "Two Roads" Chardonnay or Sail Away
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 servings
- 35 minutes, 10 minutes prep
- Heat cooking oil over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Sauté onion, stirring, until transparent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the rice and continue to cook and stir for one additional minute.
- Add the chicken stock and pineapple juice.
- Stir in peas, turmeric, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Pour rice mixture into an ovenproof baking dish, cover, and bake at 350ºF for about 20-25 minutes.
- Liquid will be absorbed; rice will be cooked but not mushy.
Happily Ever After Chocolate SaucePair with either "Two Roads" Chardonnay or Sail Away
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp Strawberry preserves
- 2 tbsp "Happily Every After" Berry Port
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 jar Maraschino cherries
Combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a small saucepan; mix well.
Add jam, and water; mix well.
Simmer sauce on medium heat whisking constantly until slightly thickened (when it begins to boil).
Remove from heat & add drained cherries (remove stems if necessary)
Add Arcadian "Happily Ever After" Berry Port
Serve warm or cool over your favorite ice cream or cake & Enjoy!
Makes about ²/3 cup.
Polynesian Vegetarian Paella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 can chick-peas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 jar of Bisco's salsa (We recommend "Gettin' There" but customize to your liking.)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- Fresh bay leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook and stir about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, saffron and paprika; cook 3 min. Add rice; cook and stir 1 minute. Add water, chick-peas, Bisco's Salsa, green peas, mandarin oranges and pineapple; mix well.
- Cover, bake 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with fresh bay leaves, if desired. Serves 6.
Pair with Arcadian's "Snowy Evening" Finger Lakes White Wine
Served at Spring Wine & Cheese Seneca Lake Wine Trail Event
Southwest Macaroni And Cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 package (12oz) Heluva Good NYS Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ block (4oz) Heluva Good Monterey Jack with Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- Milk, 2-4 cups depending on the size and shape of your baking dish
- ½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil macaroni, being careful not to overcook, and drain. Slice cheese in thin slices. Put one layer of macaroni, a couple pats of butter, salt and pepper and a layer of cheese. Continue layering as stated until the last layer is cheese. Pour in milk slowly. You want just enough so that if you push on the top with a spoon, you can barely see the milk. In a small bowl mix bread crumbs, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle top with bread crumb mixture. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until milk is all gone. To check, insert a spoon down the side of dish. It should not be soupy. Allow dish to rest out of oven for 5-10 minutes before eating. 6-8 servings.
Pair with Watkins "Way Cool" Blush
Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownie Cups
- 1 ¼ cup oil
- 1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup premium baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°F. Prepare 36 cupcake tins (either grease or use baking papers).
- Beat oil, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture until well blended. If using, stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 29 to32 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 36 brownies.
Pair Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownie Cups with "Take My Time" Black Raspberry wines.
Black Raspberry Venison Marinade
- 2 pounds venison stew meat
- 1 bottle (375ml) Arcadian Black Raspberry wine
- 1 jar spicy Italian dressing
- Black pepper, salt to taste
Combine venison, wine and salad dressing in a tightly covered bowl or zip-lock bag. Marinade for two days in the refrigerator, shaking occasionally. Remove for marinade, place in crock pot at medium setting. Add one more (new) Arcadian Black Raspberry bottle to the crock pot. Simmer in the pot until fork tender. Serve with Arcadian Black Raspberry or Family Reserve